SQL Server 2017 Standard is a powerful, scalable database software designed for the cloud. This article provides information on what this new version of SQL Server has to offer and how it can be useful to you.
In addition to providing a high-performance database engine, SQL Server 2017 Standard includes tools for data warehousing, business intelligence, big data analytics, and hybrid scenarios. It also features built-in protection against cyberattacks and insider threats. Check out these top five ways that SQL Server 2017 Standard can help your company run better!
What is SQL Server 2017 Standard?
SQL Server 2017 Standard is a cloud-ready, scalable database software designed for the modern data center. It includes in-memory capabilities and is the first in a series of server offerings from Microsoft with a focus on hybrid, big data, performance, and security.
SQL Server 2017 Standard offers new tools to help you run your business more effectively. These include:
- Advanced analytics power to help you create better customer experiences by integrating insights from your databases into applications like Power BI
- In-memory column store technology that lets you perform queries 10x faster
- Data warehousing tools that simplify data management and reporting
- Cybersecurity features that protect against cyberattacks and insider threats
- Hybrid scenarios that let you use SQL Server 2017 Standard either on-premises or in the cloud
Enhancements to SQL Server 2017 Standard
SQL Server 2017 Standard is a cloud-ready, scalable database engine that’s designed to increase the speed of your business. It offers all the features of SQL Server 2016 Enterprise Edition and more, including built-in security features to protect your data against cyberattacks and insider threats.
One of the most notable new features for this version is the inclusion of native JSON support. This allows you to store, manage, and query JSON natively so you can easily take advantage of its schemas.
SQL Server 2017 Standard also includes the latest advances in security with Always Encrypted, which protects sensitive data at rest and in motion. This means that only authorized users have access to read sensitive information – not even SQL Server administrators or other network administrators can see it!
Built-in data encryption for workloads running on Windows Server 2016 also helps protect against insider threats by encrypting data stored on disks running on the operating system kernel. SQL Database encryption provides similar protection for databases stored on Azure Blob Storage or Microsoft Azure SQL Database Managed Instance, encrypting all data stored within these databases at rest.
Businesses are looking for ways to reduce costs without compromising productivity. SQL Server 2017 Standard gives you plenty of reasons why it’s time to
What are the top 5 ways that SQL Server 2017 Standard can help your company run better?
- Protection against cyberattacks and insider threats.
- Supports hybrid scenarios.
- Data warehousing tools.
- Business intelligence tools.
- Big data analytics tools.
SQL Server 2017 Standard is a great choice for companies looking to improve their security and performance. SQL Server’s always been the top choice for enterprise, but now it’s even better.
Use these five tips to leverage SQL Server 2017 Standard’s power today.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest security
- Reduce downtime by upgrading your hardware
- Get more insights with in-database analytics
- Get the latest performance improvements
- Upgrade to the latest version of SQL Server
Read more on our blog page