Recipe 101 Series
Recipe no. 1 – Frankfurter Burger
Make a delicious Frankfurter Burger at Home!
Are you a foodie? Obsessed with all sorts of late-night snacks?
Be sure to follow this article till the end to know ‘How to make a mouthwatering Frankfurter Burger?’
The Nazi were the first ones who introduced the Frankfurter. Can you even believe that? The famous Nazis, ones which were led by the famed dictator Aldof Hitler. Who would’ve guessed that such a treatment would have been introduced by someone who history knows as nothing but the worst? Later on, it was adopted by the French. There they used a Baguette (a long piece of bread) so it became a Baguette Burger in Europe. And a Frankfurter in The U.S. & Asia.
Need to make the best frankfurter burger? Be creative. Be messy. Pour your heart and passion into it.
“A good meal is not something one makes with perfection. It’s something one makes with love, passion & devotion.”
Frankfurter Burger at Home:
It is quite easy to make if one is prepped for perfection.
Moving on we recommend if you’re under 17 years of age, it is advised to have an adult beside you. So you don’t burn nor cut yourself in the process.
For the ingredients you’ll be needing:
- A freshly baked pair of Frankfurter Bread or a French Baguette. Or you can buy a fresh pair of frankfurter bread from the nearby grocery store.
- If you’re a vegan, ignore the step from 4 to 8. Pre-heat it for about 15 seconds in a microwave oven at full power.
- Time to start chopping. Once again, if you are under the age of 17, it is highly advised that this be done by an adult or by an adult by your side.
- Chop an ounce of cabbage into fine shreds. Puree half a tomato and slice the other half into rings.
- Heat up a non-stick pan with some pre-added olive oil. Slowly fry half an ounce of fine boneless chicken until brownish and tender. Chop the chicken finely as if grated.
- Put it on the pan once again, only this time, lower the flame to a simmer. And add a pinch of chilli powder, a hint of salt and a hint of black pepper. Cook it for a bit until a spicy aroma is noticed.
- Add some mayonnaise and blend it with the spiced chicken.
- Make a salt & pepper no-chilli omelette.
- Make Shami Kebab, one per serving. If you don’t know how to make one at home, click here. Or go to the grocery store and buy some readymade frozen shami kebab.
- Make a salt & black pepper omelette with two eggs, finely beaten.
Method of making
(skip step no. 4, 11 & 12 if you’re a vegetarian)
- Preheat the insides of both Frankfurter Bread pieces to medium-hot.
- Slice the tomato into thin, fine circular disc cuts.
- Chop the cabbage into a blend. (Not a liquid blend, just that it be finely chopped)
- Make the Shami. (either by using frozen ones from the store or Homemade)
- Make the omelette.
- Layer the lower side of the bread by Mayo & Imli Sauce, and the top-side of the bread by Imli Sauce and Chilli Garlic Sauce.
- Don’t overdo the layering.
- On the lower side of the bread, spread a fine layer of chopped cabbage.
- Then top the layer off with three fine slices of ring-cut tomato.
- Layer the omelette as a single layer above the tomato slices.
- Take One Shami in a separate bowl/plate and mash it up.
- Spread evenly on top of the single-layer omelette.
- Finally, place the Tamarind (Imli) Chilli Garlic layer top-side of the bread.
- Your Frankfurter burger is complete!
- Enjoy your frankfurter burger.